I tend to go a bit fangirl over certain bloggers, and El from Babies, Biscuits and Booze is one such beauty. She’s nominated me to answer some questions as part of a new blogger Q&A tag thingy, and I’m more than happy to oblige because I can’t say no to her, evs.
I love these tags because I’m a nosy old sod, and I like getting a peep behind the blog. This one’s called The Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m missing sunshine, badly – and getting a bit fed up with the two hours of daylight we’re being treated to each day. Totally moving to Australia for the British winter, innit.
Anyway, on to the questions:
1. What song is guaranteed to get you on the dancefloor?
Oh, probably something totes naf like 9 to 5 by Dolly. I’m not much of a hardcore raver now, in fact I can’t remember the last time I properly went to an actual club. 2014, maybe?
2. If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be and why?
A nice giraffe because my eyelashes would be AMAZING! And I eat a fair amount of salad, so something herbivore-y would suit me just fine.
3. What’s your favourite item of clothing? (this is not a kinky question, soz if it sounds that way!!)
I don’t tend to get much time to relax, and my jimjams represent relaxy time. So probably those. Once they’re on, I know that I’m home and dry, and I’ve got a frazzle of time to slob about before I go to bed and wait to be woken by a hungry baby.
4. Which fictional character do you think you’re most like?
I made the foolish mistake of asking my husband his opinion on this.
That’s Little Miss Bossy, in case you didn’t know. Twat.
5. What’s your favourite wine? (or if you don’t drink wine, favourite beer/spirit?)
I have a great deal of time and respect for a good bottle of Pinot Noir. Prosecco also slips down rather nicely, as does a large glass (entire bottle) of Bollinger.
6. How regularly do you blog? Would you like to blog more often?
I titivate my blog daily, doing bits and bobs behind the scenes or keeping up with posting to social media, which I think feeds into the big wide world of the blog. I actually post three times a week and I think that’s enough for me and my lifestyle at the moment. I’d like to diversify and have a regular roundup feature, or a recipes / interiors branch, but I don’t have the time to do it justice. I’d hate to start a feature and for it to be half arsed.
7. Which singer or band do you wish you could see live?
The Foo Fighters. We had one aborted attempt where we had tickets to see them in Milton Keynes, but had to cancel last minute because of a medical drama. We’d better get in quick, Dave isn’t as sprightly as he used to be.
8. I don’t have a party trick, which makes me really sad. Do you have one and what is it?
No! I am also very sad not to have one. I keep thinking there must be bloody something. I can take my bra off under my top but any girl can do that, and I can’t really rock that one out over Christmas dinner. I’ll think on it.
9. What is your must-have item since having kids?
Coffee. Well, after Mouse was born I stayed decaf until she was about 18 months old. Then I was back at work and knackered and I thought, fuck this shit. Give me some beans and make them strong. When I first got back “on it”, one cup of coffee would render me so manic and wild-eyed that I thought I could scale Big Ben. Nowadays, I need a double shot to even get the faintest hint of the jitters.
10. I am buying you cake. What are you having?
Just one? Hmm. I have so many favourites that I’m just going to go with the cake I could eat RIGHT NOW, which is an Eccles Cake. Please and thank you.
Et voila! Now the fun bit…here are my questions. However, rather than tagging people, I’m leaving it open to you guys. If you fancy answering them, then go for broke, and let me know so I can give you a wee plug among my dedicated 17 followers.
1. Do Yorkshire Puddings have any rightful place with Christmas Dinner?
2. What song was Number 1 when you were born?
3. What film did you last see at the cinema?
4. Do you believe in ghosts?
5. What can you absolutely not leave the house without? Keys is not a valid response I’m afraid.
6. What was your favourite meal as a child?
7. What’s your favourite fruit?
8. Where did you last go on holiday?
9. Do you have a favourite app?
10. Someone wants to adopt an animal for you at the local zoo. Which animal is it?
-SJW December 2016